Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Road block??? HA! I'll see your road block, and I raise you one hell of a fight!

Nursing Blogs on NurseConnect.com

Shared via AddThis

So I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed lately.

Between starting work as a Nursing Assistant, studying for my State Boards, work at the group home and trying to somehow get everything in order at the office before I start my nursing program in October.

Maybe I'm setting myself up to fail. I've been known to take on way too much at once. Not able to relinquish power, striving to be the top of everything. It wouldn't be the first time I've bitten off more than I can chew. And to be honest I've choked more than once.

But... MAYBE... just maybe, I'm setting myself up to THRIVE. I know that once all is said and done, and I'm not just little me. Once I'm little me with my BSN it will all be worthwhile. I'll have bleed, cried and clawed my way through to the dream on the other side of this nightmare.

Sometimes I wish that I had things handed to me a bit more. Parents that were supportive (emotionally and financially). Wouldn't it be nice to work because I wanted to and enjoyed helping my patients in LTC rather than being elbow deep in secretions because I have to keep a roof over my head? Well yes, obviously that would be better. But these are the cards I've been dealt. The weak fold, I go all in.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt.

Seems pretty fitting wouldn't you agree?

Miss Lisa

Post a Comment